Friday, August 22, 2008
















I have been gushing over the birth of little (but big), Adeleine. Her birth was very much anticipated since I was quite unsure what exactly would happen. After two hospital births and two epidurals, I was starting to question what I was thinking and how it would all play out. How would I endure painful contractions for an unknown amount of time, and after all that, push the baby out?? I had an awesome, highly recommended midwife, I had done my hypnobabies for 10 weeks, I had surrounded myself with positive people who knew that homebirth was safe and they were praying for me. Was all this enough? Along with a lot of praying by me...it was! When L the midwife arrived she checked me and I was already 10 centimeters. I started feeling like pushing and a few minutes later Adeleine Rose was born weighing 9 lbs 8oz. I was on a birth high for weeks and weeks. All I wanted to do was think about it and I could not believe that I had done it and it went perfectly! I am still in awe that God allowed my body to create this perfect human being and then have an amazing (not very painful) birth. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I'm so happy for you that you were able to do your homebirth! I had high hopes to do one, too, but obviously that didn't work out too well for me. Adeline's birth story is beautiful, as are the pictures. Thanks for sharing!