Monday, May 24, 2010

Meet John


John is the very beloved pet of Jameson. After many months of snake talk around our house, we decided to indeed get a baby cornsnake. We read books before we would commit to anything, making sure that we knew what we were getting into. I am hoping that he will be pretty low maintenance, the only difficulties being remembering to lock the cage door and watching him eat day-old mice. EEK! Jameson is over the moon about him, and in a weird way, he feels older and more mature to me. I do have creepy visions of him becoming the grown-up reptile enthusiast that I saw in the reptile store, with the snake tattoos all over his arms. For now, he's still my little boy with his first very own pet.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

EEEEK!
You're such a nice mom! But I understand. We gotta let our kids be who they are!

Yara said...

a snake... wow : )
Um... can I end him some temporary snake tattoos?
: P
LOL

Sonja said...

Uhhmm... better than a tarantula. :)
You're brave and wonderful! Jameson is lucky to have you.