Friday, July 30, 2010

Flyin Solo


I'm almost done with my first ever week of solo parenting. Whew! I have a new appreciation for single parents and Bill. I guess I never really knew how much he really does. As predicted, I didn't sleep much (I think my earliest bedtime all week was 11:30pm). I find it ackward and strange to go to bed with out him, so I just preoccupy myself with mind-numbing tv to forget. (I did get catch-up on a few shows). We filled our week with two trips to Ikea, visits with Aunt Carly and our first experience at Sonic. I was less than thrilled, but the kids enjoyed the car hops with roller skates. I think skates have been added to the Christmas lists.


I'm very much looking forward to Bill's return tonight. I realized while he was gone how unique our love can be these days. The respect and kindness we have for eachother is becoming rarer and rarer, as marriage has become disposable. I suppose if you don't think you can leave, at some point you have to decide to be kind or be miserable. I feel so blessed to love him so deeply and feel his love for me and our family every minute of everyday. We make an awesome team! Welcome home Billy!

No comments: