Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaBloPoMo 2

Today was election day, and all 6 of us marched down to our itty, bitty public library and excercised our right to vote. Not only did the adults make their voices heard, the kids had a great civics lesson. We talked about why we vote and Abbie wanted me to name every person I voted for. I was prepared for all the elderly people running our polling place to ask me why the kids weren't in school at 9:30am, but not a single question or comment. They were very helpful, and very complimentary of the kiddos behavior. I am a bit ashamed to admit that I essentially copied Bill's sample ballot. I have no time to read up on these things like he does, and we usually agree anyway. It took some convincing to get me to vote yes on prop 19 which would legalize marijuana in small amounts. I still kinda go back and forth about it, but can it really make the drug situation here any worse? (Maybe kids won't smoke pot anymore if they know their parents can, maybe parents will start giving it to their kids?) It didn't pass so I guess we'll never know!

No comments: