Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Heavy Heart


Last night I learned of a local young soldier that died serving his country. He was 19 years old, and married only 5 months. I also learned of a sad, sick group of people who maybe would be at his funeral today protesting. I then learned about a wonderful group of people called Patriot Guard Riders who would be there to shelter and protect the soldier's family. I met one of them today. My heart is so heavy. It is hard to see the beauty and joy today, I'm looking at the world with tarnished glasses on my eyes. I pray for peace for Army Pfc Ramon Mora Jr's family and for the repose of his soul. May he rest in peace.



(We were at church today for our end of year party when his funeral mass was taking place. I wanted to take this picture to remember this, when I felt such sadness and gratitude in the same moment. Also, the flag flying at half mast.)
http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_18178535?source=most_viewed

No comments: