Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Eleanor Jane


Eleanor turned one. It seems like she has been one for a while, due to her walking for the past two months and definitely not acting like they others at this age. She absolutely picks up on their behaviors! While I wish I had planned a super fun day for her, our usual Wednesday activities stole her day. It's a good thing she won't remember! My labor with her was really rough, and it is still difficult to look back and reflect, since it was really hard on me physically and mentally. I had 26 hours of labor, and I'm sure Bill was sick of me asking when it was going to be over. Indeed, it was eventually over at 9:05pm on January 5, 2010. Eleanor Jane was born into the water in our room and I was so relieved it was over. By now I had realized how fleeting those first few moments and days were.. Our amazing midwife has tucked us in bed and we went to sleep as a family of 6. It seems fitting that on the night celebrating her birth one year ago, I woke to find all 6 of us in that same bed again. Words just cannot express how I feel about Miss Nora. She feels like the soul of this family right now. The other kids truly love her, and I think they just know how special she is. Watching them interact and help her has made me realize that one of our greatest gifts is siblings. I am so thankful for your joy and life Eleanor, I can't wait to watch you grow this year!

No comments: